Monday, November 10, 2014

One Act of Kindness and Grace Nov 10

Yesterday I reached out to two friends who are not doing well.  I supported them by bringing food and my company and also through some small financial contribution.  I snuggled with a cat.  I took care of myself by slowing down and giving myself a wonderful foot massage.

Today I started this blog and will be cooking for me and my friend next door. I meditated on kindness and grace and gratitude.  I posted on Facebook to gather support for my friend out west who has chronic Lyme disease. I committed to sending her money for her treatments and to connect with professionals that can advise her on some of her next steps.  I feel good and a bit anxious about really committing to help her in ways that are possible for me and might be ways that others might not be able to offer. And to take care of myself and admit when I get overwhelmed.

This is not a checklist or a to-do-list.  This is not a "look how great I am " diary. This is an appreciating the positive great moments and staying open to  the invitation to be kind and graceful journey.  This is an holding myself accountable and maybe even inspiring others a little bit diary. Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment